Public health requirements
1.3.3 Public Health Requirements
1. The procedures and organization of the sanitary border inspection in the Republic of Bulgaria necessary for the protection of entry and dissemination of exclusively dangerous contagious diseases and syndromes are regulated by Regulation for the Sanitary Border Inspection in the Republic of Bulgaria of the Council of Ministers (SG 62/ 28.07.2000).
2. Subjected to the provisions of the Regulation are citizens, transport vehicles and cargo, arriving in the Republic of Bulgaria from the countries infected or at risk from exclusively dangerous contagious diseases and syndromes.
3. All persons subjected to a sanitary border inspection are required to present international Certificate of Vaccination, issued according to the terms and conditions, prescribed by the World Health Organisation.
4. The pilot-in-command or a duly authorised representative, shall fill in and submit to the frontier health authorities the General Declaration of the aircraft upon arrival at the airport of destination. The filling in of the General Declaration should comply with the terms and conditions, prescribed by the World Health Organisation.
5. The pilot-in-command shall inform by radio the airport of destination for any person on board with symptoms or sign of illness during the flight.
6. Transit passengers and crews who are not with symptoms or sign of illness of exclusively dangerous contagious diseases and syndroms are not subjected to a sanitary border inspection if they do not leave the airport transit area.
7. Persons with symptoms or signs of cholera, plague, smallpox, yellow fever, diphtheria, enteric fever, poliomyelitis, brucellosis, anthrax, malaria, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and infectious tuberculosis shall be obligitory isolated and hospitalized.